Cashbook’s latest release, v5.8, based on customer feedback and new technology research from our growing R&D team is now available. Below is a detailed summarization of what users can expect to find in our latest version.
- Categorize Reconciliation Items – we can classify reconciliation items into categories to help identify specific items. E.g. uncashed checks. We’ve added vendor, customer numbers and names into fields captured and linked journals.
- Aging history of both vendors and customers – this feature allows users to have a clear view of when people have paid you previously. This is based on 30, 60, and 90 days’ worth of historical payment data. It also provides you with proof of payments made for your vendors.
- Drill-down metrics for aging – as above, this allows you to see all invoices in different “buckets” of 30, 60, or 90 days. The data can be viewed by week or by month. It allows to identify invoices that are still outstanding, you can then reach out to debtors faster.
- OCR Capabilities – we have tweaked our existing data extraction tool to improve the validation of the data, it also has increased character recognition with “cleansing” of poor resolution images.
- Portal (RPA) Integration – improved our existing customer, bank & ERP portal automation tools including adding history and scheduling. This solution embeds Robotic Process Automation (RPA) into core Cashbook functionality.
- Journal Transfers – new feature that allows users to split money received into multiple pieces. This facility was built for our Healthcare customers but it enables all customers to gain greater visibility on applying money received.
- Bank Statements – able to retrieve longer data files and extract data where we need it. Having flexibility to extract store numbers or merchant ID’s from data files for bank reconciliation in the retail industry is something which will massively increase auto-reconciliation %’s.
“The beauty of Cashbook is that we have a flexible and customizable product suite which is suitable for every industry. The new changes we’ve put into v5.8 are the result of thousands of hours of research, development and testing. We are looking forward to delivering these solutions to our large customer base in Q4 of 2018”
Mary O’Brien, Founder & Product Director, Cashbook.